Multiple calendars for 1 source

Found a bug, or thought of a useful feature? Let us know!
Xxxke

Multiple calendars for 1 source

Post by Xxxke » 06 Sep 2018, 06:26

I'm a Belgian flight instructor helicopters and we use Schedule-it to book helicopters on different locations.
Each helicopter and instructor is a source, so students can book a helicopter and instructor (sources) at a specific airfield (calendar/planning)

Now is our problem that an instructor instructs at multiple airfields and a source is dedicated to 1 specific calendar. Now we're using 2 different sources for the same instructor on the different calendars. In doing so, students can book me in airfield A while I'm allready booked at airfield B without me being 'occupied' in calendar A.

Our solution would be that a source can be dedicated to multiple calendars/plannings.

Thanks in advance for considering!
Schedule it
Site Admin

Re: Multiple calendars for 1 source

Post by Schedule it » 06 Sep 2018, 16:03

Hi, if you have your helicopters as resources in a helicopter group, and your instructors as resources in an instructor group, and airfields listed in your airfield group, then you can book an instructor, with a helicopter at an airfield, and you will get double booking alerts even if you cannot see all resources.

You can then choose to view either group, or all groups in your Timeline schedule.

This allows helicopters and instructors to be booked separately or together with full double booking checks.
Xxxke

Post by Xxxke » 07 Sep 2018, 05:33

and can another student book another helicopter at another airfield at the same time then???
Schedule it
Site Admin

Post by Schedule it » 07 Sep 2018, 09:36

Yes if none of them will be double booked, or unless you allow double booking for some chosen resources like airfields where many events can happen at once.